Welcome to 7th grade!
Hello!
My name is Ann Marshall, and I will have your child in my Lit/Comp class this year. I am excited to get to know your child and share our great books! This year we will continue our Great Hearted journey of becoming incredible readers, writers, and speakers.
If you are a veteran Great Hearts parent, you may have noticed that the students did not have a “summer book” this year. In honor of new traditions, the students have a poem, “The Arrow and the Song,” stapled to the class schedule they picked up yesterday during orientation. The expectation is that students read through this poem in preparation for tomorrow.
I would love for you to read through this poem with your child. What about it stands out to them? Why would I choose this poem for the first day of 7th grade? On Thursday, we will start with their 6th-grade poetry “detective” skills leading to a deeper virtuous discussion. A copy of the poem is attached to this message for your reading pleasure.
Regarding the books required this first quarter, we will begin with The Miracle Worker, followed by The Call of the Wild. I will send a subsequent email regarding the Well-Ordered Language workbooks with either confirmation of your workbook purchase or a link for those that still need to purchase.
I look forward to partnering with you as we continue on this middle school journey together. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
With warm regards,
-Mrs. Ann Marshall
Comments
Post a Comment